Halo License Procedure
Vallum Halo Manager is easy to license. You provide us with the unique site identifier, and we give you a compatible license key that you input to the system.
Automatic Licensing Procedure
The easiest way to purchase and receive a license key is to use the “Purchase License” link above the dashboard in the “Vallum Halo” web interface. Please note that:
- Optionally select the “Halo Polling Agent” you want to license, via the drop down menu. (The default value is “localhost”, which will license the local copy of the Halo Polling Agent.) Show Me…
- Click the “Purchase License” link for that agent, and then follow the screens to completion. Show Me…
Using the above technique, the “Site Identifier” is automatically sent to the Vallum Software Halo ordering system, and after your order is completed the selected Halo Polling Agent is automatically licensed for you.
Manual Licensing Procedure
If you do not have internet access at the station where you are browsing Halo, you can manually license the program as described here.
- Optionally select the “Halo Polling Agent” you want to license, via the drop down menu at the top of the screen. (As per above, the default value is “localhost”, which licenses the local copy of the Halo Polling Agent.
- Click “Admin Tools” at the top of the screen, then click the “License Key” tab to the left. (This displays the Halo “License Key” screen.)
- On the “License Key” screen, write down the “Site ID” value for the site. This will be in the form “XXXX-XXXX-XXXX”
- Go to the Vallum Software site order form here: https://vallumsoftware.com/Order_Halo.php
- Follow the screens to completion. (The “Site ID” value, recorded in step 3 above, is entered on the second screen of the Vallum order system.)
- When your order is processed, you will immediately receive your “Site License Key” on the final screen, and also in your confirmation e-mail message. Record the value. the “License Key” will be in the form “XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX”
- Click “Admin Tools” at the top of the screen, then click the “License Key” tab to the left. (This returns you to the the Halo “License Key” screen, the same screen as in step 2 above.)
- Enter the License Key in the appropriate field and click “Save” to permanently license your selected Halo Polling Agent
Need Help Or Have Questions?
If you need assistance, or would like to contact us before placing your order, or if you have special requirements that you would like to discuss first, CONTACT US HERE. We will be happy to assist.